Saturday, July 9, 2011

Military veterans versus political rookies.

This was sent to me by my brother, also a veteran (U.S. Navy, Army National Guard).

Does anyone have an answer?

No one has been able to explain to me why young men and women serve in the U.S. Military for 20 years, risking their lives protecting freedom, and only get 50% of their pay. While Politicians hold their political positions in the safe confines of the capital, protected by these same men and women, and receive full pay retirement after serving one term. It just does not make any sense.

Monday on Fox news they learned that the staffers of Congress family members are exempt from having to pay back student loans.

What the fuck did any of those asswipes ever risk for their country to become exempt from having to pay back student loans?

Bunch of goddamn douche bags.

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Agreed... I guess it's because WE were/are expendable and they aren't (at least according to them)...

WV- redress Yeah, we need to redress some issues...

MikeyB said...

Its the Golden Rule...them with the gold write the rules.

Everett said...

Yeah, I'm one of those guys just like Old NFO. And I also paid in a large chunk of the retirement money into an account that would continue paying my wife after I croaked!Some good deal huh? I guess I better get my foot on the banana peel soon or there will be nothing left to pay her out of.

And why is it that if the debt gets defaulted on, there is no money to pay the military but all the asshole congress critters still get theirs? Why is that? Must be that golden rule mentioned above!