Sunday, July 17, 2011

Her diary. His diary. Same day.

Her Diary:

Tonight, I thought my husband was acting weird.

We had made plans to meet at a nice restaurant for dinner. I was shopping with my friends all day long, so I thought he was upset at the fact that I was a bit late, but he made no comment on it. Conversation wasn't flowing, so I suggested that we go somewhere quiet so we could talk. He agreed, but he didn't say much. I asked him what was wrong; he said, 'Nothing.' I asked him if it was my fault that he was upset. He said he wasn't upset, that it had nothing to do with me, and not to worry about it.

On the way home, I told him that I loved him. He smiled slightly, and kept driving. I can't explain his behavior; I don't know why he didn't say, 'I love you, too.'

When we got home, I felt as if I had lost him completely, as if he wanted nothing to do with me anymore. He just sat there quietly, and watched TV. He continued to seem
distant and absent. Finally, with silence all around us, I decided to go to bed.

About 15 minutes later, he came to bed. But I still felt that he was distracted, and his thoughts were somewhere else. He fell asleep -- I cried.

I don't know what to do. I'm almost sure that his thoughts are with someone else. My life is a disaster.


His Diary:

Boat wouldn't start; can't figure out why.

4 comments:

Old NFO said...

Ah yes... Venus and Mars... :-)

Blue said...

complicating the simplest things :)

Heroditus Huxley said...

Like many women that I know personally, the writer of "Her Diary" assumed that she was the center of the universe--me, me, me, and all that. I try to never lose sight of the fact that it's not all about me.

I'm sure my husband appreciates that.

kx59 said...

one simple comment:
LMAO!