Thursday, April 14, 2011

Chick-fil-A for President

When I got out of the Air Force in the early 80's, I took a part-time job at Sears, while I was studying advertising and business at Texas Tech University in Lubbock. Sears was located in the South Plains Mall--a huge, sprawling shopping mall that was a major economic draw for all of the peripheral towns located within a hundred-mile or so radius of Lubbock.

One of my favorite eating establishments at the South Plains Mall was Chick-fil-A.


I, like many in my generation, remember when you could only find Chick-fil-A in shopping malls. I never saw any stand-alone restaurants, which was unusual.

The other thing that was unusual was that Chick-fil-A was always closed on Sunday, even though the mall had recently began opening for business on Sundays.

There are a lot of churches in Lubbock and west Texas, and nobody thought anything about Chick-fil-A staying closed on Sunday. I missed my chicken sandwich and waffle fries, but it was only one day and I admired a company that held to its core values and principles.

Today, Chick-fil-A has held to those same core values and principles. And earlier this year, the looney liberals and "progressives" began ridiculing Chick-fil-A and putting them in their sights.

It's a no-holds barred battle royal that the so-called progressives are waging, and one of my favorite writers, Michelle Malkin, exposes the liberal rats for their attempt to tear down Chick-fil-A.

First off, I don't call these people "progressives." I call them loonies, because that's what they are. They support everything that is anti-American, anti-value and anti-moral that they can get their grubby little uncalloused hands around.

And now they have Chick-fil-A in their grip. And what is Chick-fil-A's sin to draw the ire of these looney liberals?

They dared to openly support Focus on the Family, the National Organization for Marriage, and the Pennsylvania Family Institute.

Translation? Chick-fil-A dares to support traditional marriage between a man and a woman, and even worse yet, *gasp*, they dare put their money where their mouth is--something liberals are loathe to do, by the way.

As reported in Malkin's brilliant piece, Chick-fil-A donated money to a pro-family, pro-marriage organization.

Naturally, the looney Left can't have that. And naturally, according to their thought process, Chick-fil-A must naturally be anti-gay, therefore a protest campaign is needed.

But a protest campaign isn't enough for the loonies. A smear campaign has also been orchestrated by recruiting bloggers and freelance writers--and apparently all spearheaded by some loser-looney at the New York Slimes by the name of Kim Severson, who herself is uglier than a batch of homemade soap gone bad.

(I tried posting a picture of Severson, but my Apple computer kept putting up an image of a prune. I suppose the computer kept getting its fruits mixed up.)

Severson, by the way, is the former Vice President of the National Gay and Lesbian Journalists Association. She's also a professional victim and world-class whiner who moans about being an unwed lesbian partner with a child.

So Severson goes after Chick-fil-A simply because the company supported a marriage group that supports traditional marriage.

And yet, the morons in today's mainstream media wonder why not only they are not taken seriously, but why they're going bankrupt as well? Yet, these dumb asses still see fit to tell the rest of us how we should live and think?

Chick-fil-A is as American of a company as you can get. Good food, good prices, easy to find, pride in their product and they treat their employees very well. They have scholarships for their employees, tuition assistance, great benefits, they're active in the community and they're pro-family.


Every time I've been to a Chick-fil-A, no matter what part of the country I was in, I've always had fast, friendly service and the employees were always genuinely happy. I see a lot of high school kids working there. It takes the patience of a saint to train high school kids in their first job, but apparently Chick-fil-A does a pretty darn good job of it. And the kids usually go on to do well in college and/or future pursuits and become happy, productive Americans.

No wonder the Liberals hate Chick-fil-A. So, guess where I'm having lunch tomorrow?

In fact, I think I'll buy some Chick-fil-A gift cards to give to some of my friends. I'll just forewarn them about not looking at a picture of Kim Severson before they go eat.

2 comments:

Boat Guy said...

Only been to a Chik-Fil-A once (don't eatmuch fast food) but experienced all the good stuff you mention. Some how missed the Michell Malkin article you linked to, but now those restaurants will be first choice for me...
Thanks

An Ordinary American said...

Anymore these days, it seems our credit card is a more powerful voting tool than our voter registration card.

I prefer--and do--use both, but when it comes time to decide on where to have the occasional fast-food lunch or breakfast, I'll "vote" for the company or brand that more closely mirrors my own values.

Chick-fil-A has always been that kind of a company, and they've taken heat for it for as long as I can remember--dating back to the early 80's when I left the AF and went to college.

I'll continue to support them. You bet I will.

And I'll continue to tell folks why.

--AOA