Thursday, February 16, 2012

Throw the CEO's ass in prison.

I read about JP Morgan getting fined some $200,000,000.00 for some scam or another, so I decided to google them.

Holy cow. Lots of fines.

Lots.

In googling for other companies with big fines levied against them, I found CVS and Walgreens, interestingly enough, being fined for everything from blatant OSHA violations to Medicaid and Medicare overbilling.

My question is this:

Why not throw the CEO's asses in prison along with fining these companies?

Hell, it's not the CEO's money being lost. With companies like JP Morgan, it's the investors' money being used to pay fines. With CVS and Walgreens, it's the shareholders' money, the employees' money and the customers--you and me--being used to pay the fines.

The CEO and senior executives get off scot-free.

I suspect if we started tossing CEO's asses in prison for these blatant schemes and huge fines, a lot of that nonsense would stop.

As in immediately.

Anyone want to bet against me?

2 comments:

dennis said...

That would be unfair. All the CEO's in prison while our congessmen and the law profession walk free. The new equality.

Old NFO said...

Nope, I'm not gonna bet against that, and I agree, putting their asses in the slammer might make others think twice about have a 'clean' house...