Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A favor paid forward, and with gratitude.

Scrolling through my e-mail box and found this:

Lila has left a new comment on your post "The Forgotten Man":

I adore you!! Sooo I gave you a blog award because of it! http://tslbf.blogspot.com/2012/02/we-gots-awarded-lot.html
The url takes you to the home of the Total Survivalist Libertarian Bitch Fest where the blog award is explained in more detail. Part of the tradition is to forward the award to blogs and bloggers you feel are worthy.

According to Lila, in regards to moi, "An Ordinary American - He is one of the most amazingly blunt and honest men. He is sick of the crap and tells it. I adore him!"

I'm flattered and honored, and in looking at her list of other bloggers she is awarding, I'm humbled.

A Texan humbled. Imagine that.

The conditions state:

1. Copy and paste the award on our blog.
2. Link back to the blogger who gave us the award
3. Pick our five favorite blogs with less than 200 followers, and leave a comment on their blog to let them know they have received the award.
4. Hope that the five blogs chosen will keep spreading the love and pass it on to five more blogs.

In no particular order, here are five blogs I feel worthy of everyone's readership and attention:

1. Lagniappe's Lair. What can I say? It's on the "DMR" (Daily Must Read) list, plus I'm a sucker for German Shepherds. He has a way of writing that makes you feel like you're sitting right there in the living room with him and Murphy. And then there's his encyclopedic knowledge and experience with guns. Holy cow.

2. The Life Of An Aggie. Maybe a strange choice for a Texas Tech alumnus, but this young lady is everything I would want in a daughter. She's smart, has a very good moral and ethical compass, is mature beyond her present years, and she's definitely not afraid of guns. She's also one helluva engaging writer. Read her stuff. The only criticism I have is that she doesn't write often enough. But then, I'd probably raise hell with her about her school being neglected.

3. All Nine Yards. Another Texan, albeit one exiled to Florida. A gun owner and ardent supporter. A fellow pilot. A Texan's no BS way of looking at things. What is not to like?

4. Home On The Range. I'm probably awarding her something she's already been awarded upteen-dozen times already, but what the hell. Brigid is nothing short of absolutely awesome. She's also on my DMR list. She's educated. She takes no BS. She refuses to be a victim. She knows more about guns than most anyone I know. She talks a lot about airplanes AND boats. . . and damn if she doesn't post some of the tastiest looking and edible recipes I've ever seen.

5. That Texas Lady. Another Texan from up on the plains, this lady does Lone Star State gun owners proud. She's active in helping teach other women everything from what gun to purchase to which ammo to carry to what kind of holster to carry it in. Women like That Texas Lady walk the walk, and she has a very nice blog to back up that walk. I'm a relative newcomer to her blog, but after scrolling through it, I couldn't get it on my blogroll fast enough.

So there we have it. My five designees, all of whom are deserving of having you check them out. Without a doubt, they are our kind of people (with thanks to A Girl And Her Gun).

2 comments:

North said...

Good blogs all around!

Kim said...

I ditto North! You really are one of my favorite people. So you know.