Saturday, June 11, 2016

Confessing to a crime now makes one a hero.

If I were to come out of the criminal closet and confess to having embezzled approximately $500,000 from the U.S. Treasury and various state treasuries, it would not be long before the feds came pounding on my door.

I'd be the subject of various local and state news media stories and when people saw my face and house, they'd be calling for me to be severely punished. After all, I was stealing from them via taking money--tax dollars--and using them for my own pleasure and gain. And God help me if I tried to publicly justify what I did, especially after the general public saw my middle-aged caucasian mug shot.

I would be Public Enemy #1 for however long the average American's attention span lasts. (Fortunately, that might only be for a few hours.) I certainly would not get an all-expenses paid free education at a major Tier One university. More than likely, I would get an all-expenses paid stay in a federal correctional institute.

However, if I were to publicly confess that I embezzled all this money as an illegal alien by way of the fiscal benefits I received during my criminal stay here, and I had "nice legs," I'd be heralded as a hero by almost half of the nation. I'd be called brave and a fighter and a hard worker. And it all might be true.

But I'd still be a criminal.

We've seen at least two instances this past week of valedictorians who graduated from Texas high schools boast of their illegal status. One little tart tweeted it in our faces--while bragging about her nice legs (an opinion not shared by many--and while waving a Mexican flag.

The other interjected it into her address to her fellow students.

Both should be immediately charged with illegal entry and illegal residency in the U.S. and deported back to Mexico.

One girl purports that she and her mother fled Mexico City and an abusive, alcoholic father and that's why they came to the U.S.

My question is why did they not come through the entry control points at the border and register? Instead of coming here legally, they did so illegally--and they stayed for the next six years illegally. I'm confident that somewhere on government assistance forms or job applications, more lies were told because otherwise their immigration and residency status would have been noted and Miss Valedictorian would not have to have stayed so mum for six years before popping the announcement of her illegal status like a proud nouveau riche prom queen announcing her pregnancy a few weeks after senior prom.

I've been told that I should be saluting these young women's hard work. I respond by telling such people that drug cartels work damned hard, too. So do money launderers and identity thieves. Problem is, they're criminals.

In Life, there is a right way to do things and a wrong way. In America, there is a right way to enter this country and a wrong way. The more we continue to reward immigrants flooding in illegally, the more we deteriorate as both a society and a nation.

And now that our public schools apparently herald these "brave young women" who confess to being criminals, the more we "officialize" the message to successive generations that the rules no longer matter.

By allowing these girls, and others like them, to remain in this country and enjoy the fruits of the hard work of legal citizens, the more we insult those immigrants who came here correctly and went through the citizenship process.

I'll lay odds that one or the other of these girls will magically find their way to Philadelphia for the Democratic Convention this summer and both will be heralded as "brave" and "courageous" and "exemplifying what America is about" by Hillary and her shills.

Anyone want to bet against me?

No comments: