But this one chilled me. Badly. And as I did some more research, it got worse.
A lot worse.
First, the video, which I found on YouTube and am posting here. It's not long but at the beginning, you're kind of wondering what the hell this Idaho Congressman is talking about.
Keep watching and listening. Absolutely keep listening.
The horror movie hasn't been made that will scare you like this one does.
Because there's nothing fictional about it. 100% factual.
Oh my God. What have we done?
If you somehow, or for some delusional reason do not believe that The Naked Communist contains what Bowers says it does, check this out from Wikipedia about the list of 45 Goals of Communism. And keep in mind this was written in the late 50's when everyone laughed at McCarthy.
I'm going to list a few here, although by my count we're well over the 85% percentile mark in seeing/having their goals firmly accomplished. For example:
4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.
6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.
7. Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N.
8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev's promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under supervision of the U.N.
11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces.
12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers' associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policymaking positions.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. Skousen claimed that an American Communist cell was told to "eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms."
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of "separation of church and state."
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the "common man."
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture—education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.Now, in case anyone is left wondering just how the hell this happens, check out the response to Bowers' article in the Idaho Statesman by these two individuals. First response is here, and the second response is here.
37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity, masturbation and easy divorce.
44. Internationalize the Panama Canal.
And yet, there are still people ignorant enough to question why I so vociferously defend the Second Amendment, never leave the house unarmed, practice at the range regularly, and cast my own bullets and reload my own rounds.
I've seen communism up close and personal at the DMZ in Korea, 38th Parallel. If you haven't seen it, haven't been there, there is no describing to you that even comes close to giving it justice.
Likewise, on TDYs to Germany, there was the Wall. Ask any modern day soldiers who've been to Gitmo how the rest of Cuba looks.
Thanks to the liberals, their lackeys in the media, their handlers and enablers in college universities and an absolute worthless bunch of sniveling assholes who steal oxygen every single day from inside the Beltway in our nation's capital, we've given the farm away.
Screw that. Time to take it back.
Draw your line in the sand. If someone supports any of the above goals of communism, either set them straight or refuse to acknowledge them from that point forward.
But be warned: You might lose some acquaintances, family members, work associates, etc. I know I did when I drew my line in the sand after 9/11, then poured concrete in it after the Kenyan bastard was anointed.
And you know what?
I haven't missed those people for one damned minute.
We have to take our country back.